Thursday, August 11, 2011




I Just Keep Looking into Your Eyes

I remember that unforgettable moment, when I stumbled across your photograph on the internet that the very characteristic about your profile which captured me was your eyes. Of course….who wouldn’t be drawn into the lure of their mystery, their wonder, their gentleness, their rest, their purity, their questioning of the world surrounding them? All I know is that I always find rest, assurance and an enormous wellspring of comfort from your image. Now.… I find even more comfort since I have heard the strength of your voice and can see the person behind the voice, even if from a distance. Now when I hear your voice, I can see your beautiful face and never seem to be able to keep from resisting you. This is a dilemma I still ponder. Although not a real dilemma, at least one man named “David” does not yet know what he does not know about a girl that he wants to know. He really asks, “Does she ever wonder such things about me? I shall not tell her,” he says.

It has been quite sometime since that very first day. I have been amazed, challenged, intrigued, and still… I don’t know what many things “I was” and “I am” today because you just walked into my life as someone who cared deeply and I never mentioned what I thought, needed or even wanted. You just knew. Remaining baffled is where I always find myself after we embrace. You always keep me interested and not bored. That’s a first for me. Sometimes you scare me and I don’t know why. Your departure arouses a little loneliness but also hope. You have committed yourself unconditionally and unselfishly to be here for me and….I feel I give so little. I wonder how you continue to be here for me and then…I keep looking into your eyes and I know you.

I know more of your secrets than you tell me. I also know less than you tell me. Being soothed and comforted by all that you tell me is what I always know will be certain. It always is. You never fail me. Each time we see each other, I just look into your eyes…I know that what we have others don’t have. Each time I look in your eyes, I know that what you bring me is mine. Each time I look in your eyes all I can become is content. No matter what you bring, it is always special; it is always meant for me. And...if I ever doubt what I will experience, all I have to do is just keep looking into your eyes. They will tell me… all I ever will want to know.

*Dedicated to two extraordinary ladies who have mastered the gift of unselfishness. I love you both, very dearly.


David Hammock. Copyright © 2011. All Right Reserved,





No comments:

Post a Comment